Born in Bourg-en-Bresse in 1943 .
He took classes at a private school called the Studio Met de Penninghen between 1961 and 1963.
Between 1964 and 1968 he studied at the Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Arts Décoratifs de Paris (National School of Fine Arts), where he learned multiple disciplines. He then worked in different architectural firms in Paris.
Then, the publishing house Bordas commissioned the conception and creation of illustrations of human anatomy. This work brought him to the attention of the international pharmaceutical industry. Illustrative work on genetic and pathological mutations of numerous illnesses and their pathophysiology in numerous publications were the basis for a growing success. His graphic research made him a well-reputed medical illustrator.
Nevertheless, painting remained his favorite means of expression. For some years now it has dominated his activity. The poet has joined and surpassed the scientific illustrator.
Attended Atelier Met de Penninghem.
Attended the École nationale supérieure des Arts Décoratifs de Paris.
Worked for various architectural firms.
Created 135 illustrations for a book on human anatomy published by Bordas.
While continuing to paint, created many illustrations for publishing houses, medical journals, and pharmaceutical advertisements with publications in France, Germany and the United States.
From 2000 onwards
Has dedicated himself entirely to painting.
Retrospective exhibition in Ormoy le Davien
Started gallery in Guangdong, China.
- 2005: Solo Exhibition at the abbey of Crepy-en-Valois
- 2005: Solo Exhibition at PRODOMUS Gallerie in Paris
- 2006: Group Exhibition at PRODOMUS Gallerie in Paris
- 2007: Solo Exhibition at the abbey of Crepy-en-Valois
- 2009: Solo at Galerie HEGAU-BODENSE in Singen (Germany)
- 2010: Private Exposition of Fred Roussel in Bruxelles
- 2011: Foundation for artists “La Tour ” In Stein am Rhein/Suisse
- 2011: Exhibition at Galerie LOEFFEL in Basel/Switzerland
- 2013: Group Exhibition in Schaffhausen/Switzerland
- 2015: Retrospective Exhibition in Ormoy le Davien – Instant Witness
- 2017: Group Exhibition at Galerie HEGAU-BODENSEE in Singen Germany
- 2019: Starting his experience in China. Founding Experience Art Space in Cuiheng, Zhongshan City, Guangdong China.