Gilda RG was born in 1963 in Soviet Armenia (USSR). Since 1975 she has been living, studying, and working in France. After studying Slavistics at Sorbonne Paris IV, she dedicated her Master 2 thesis to linguistic analysis of Soviet political slogans as performative statements.
Gilda RG then began to show her work in the 2000s, as a photo-videographer. Since 2008, she has been working with Armén Rotch on various projects and installations. More recently, she creates and exposes her drawings with pens that she calls “écritudes”.
- 2017 – Sobering Gallery, Paris(France)
- 2015 – Douai Biennial (France)
- 2008 – Gyumri Biennial (Armenia)
- 2008 – Oxygène O#2, Paris (France)
- 2019 – The ground we have in common, Gallerie delle Prigioni, Benetton Fondation, Treviso, Italia